This blog looks at 4 compelling reasons why we believe the Lumnia range is the best on the market for businesses that need protection from flying insects.
Flying insects cause a nuisance for businesses round the world. They’re an extensive - and expensive - problem. With over 120,000 species of fly spreading over 200 different pathogens worldwide, there is clearly a significant risk to businesses. Flies can carry diseases such as Salmonella and E. coli – and due to their short breeding cycles, a small fly problem can very quickly become a big fly infestation. The associated health risks can impact your customers, staff and productivity, and can cause reputational damage to your business.
“Good fly control is essential for every business as flies are capable of transmitting a wide range of pathogens and are one of the most likely insects to cause damage and disruption to a business. To lessen the risk of fly infestations, flies need to be eradicated as quickly as possible. The Lumnia range has a sleek, modern design that is ideal for any environment, and although discreet, also demonstrates the commitment a business has to hygiene.” Mario Pluke, Technical Manager, Rentokil Initial
Having a fly infestation may mean the following
- Absence of staff and loss of productivity due to the spread of disease.
- Customers may become ill, meaning loss of reputation and, therefore, trade.
- Contaminated products mean potential loss of earnings, reputation and future business.
- Increased complaints from customers.
- Business may be prosecuted or fail audits.
With so much at risk, it’s important that measures are taken to prevent fly infestations from impacting your business. But how do you combat an infestation? The Lumnia range from Rentokil provides commercial fly control solutions designed to effectively and hygienically attract, kill and encapsulate flies. It’s the insect light trap (ILT) of choice.
ILTs for different environments
For over 90 years, Rentokil has matched its customers’ demands every step of the way. By keeping up-to-date with emerging technologies, we continues to offer unique solutions. The Lumnia range is one of those solutions.
Lumnia works by using high-attraction LED lamps to attract flies to the unit. With four different insect light trap models available, each one complements the other and can cover customer and business needs across many different markets, helping to combat flying insect infestations in warehouses, offices, supermarkets, hotels, restaurants, schools, care homes, and more.
The Lumnia range offers an effective solution to monitor and control flying insects, protecting not only your business but the welfare of your customers and employees, so let’s meet the family:
- Lumnia Slim is ideal for front of house, customer-facing locations
- Lumnia Compact comes in a range of colours to suit your business colour scheme
- Lumnia Standard is a back-of-house unit featuring purpose-built modes to monitor and control the surrounding environment
- Lumnia Ultimate offers unrivalled fly control for high-dependency environments
It doesn’t matter if you’re not sure which model or models you need, as the first thing Rentokil’s team of experts will do is look to understand your business and facility. This will ensure your Lumnia solution is suited to your needs. They will also show you how to spot the signs of a fly infestation, while identifying and removing any potential breeding environments.
Four reasons to choose the Lumnia range
1. Proven performance and catch rate
- High attraction output LED lamps are optimised for a fly control catch rate that is proven best in class.
- Reaches up to 80% farther than traditional light bulbs.
- Catches flies faster than any other LED ILT unit available*
*Based on Rentokil research performed up to September 2019
2. Environmentally friendly
- Energy modes adapt to day and night, reducing consumption and contributing to a lower environmental footprint.
- Low energy LED lamps have a three-year life span.
- LED lamps reduce carbon emissions by 62%.
- LED lamps use less energy to run than a standard ILT.
3. Versatile, modern and aesthetically pleasing designs to suit your location
- Four high-performing units of a modern, seamless design.
- Lower glare from LEDs and reduced visibility of caught flies.
- Units switch between Monitor and Control modes to suit requirements*
*Lumnia Standard and Lumnia Ultimate only
4. Ease of service
- Open-close design allows for quick service.
- Durability and design reduces the frequency of service.
- Lumnia units can be serviced 30cm closer to the ground, making it safer and meaning that there is less disruption to customer sites.
Lumnia: created by the experts in pest control
The Lumnia range is brought to you by Rentokil, the global leader in pest control. We understand that protecting the health of your employees and customers also protects your business reputation. We incorporate preventative and responsive strategies to help protect your business with a consistent, continuous pest-control programme. Contact us today to find out more about the Lumnia family.