Rentokil South Africa is a local business with international standards and expertise. Read our latest blog to find out how working with an international pest control provider will benefit you and your business.
We understand that in the current economic climate, many customers are hesitant about signing a two year agreement for pest control. We also know that paying for pest control can feel like a grudge purchase, especially when (if we’re doing our job properly) you’ll never actually see a pest. This means that when you do decide to commit to a pest control provider, choosing the right partner is essential, so that you feel you are getting your money’s worth.
We’ve talked a lot in previous blog posts about choosing the right provider for your needs, and how to know if Rentokil is the right fit for you, but in this blog we would like to highlight 3 benefits that you may not realise come from partnering with an international business.
1. Ongoing investment into research, development and innovation
The Power Centre, Rentokil’s Global Research and Development Centre, drives our industry-leading innovations for commercial pest control. Opened in 2017, the £2 million investment is designed to bring our scientific and technical expertise, as well as our renowned training academy, under one roof. Combined, these allow us to enhance our leadership in pest control and demonstrate our commitment to protecting homes and businesses across the world.
The Power Centre features:
- Culture rooms: Controlled environments to better understanding of bed bugs and other blood feeding pests
- Fly rooms: Research rooms where flies are released to test application and efficacy of fly control solutions, such as our market-leading Lumnia LED range.
- Rodent pens: Rat and mice behaviour are monitored for the development of effective detection tools
- Field tests: Testing innovations in real world environments as part of the regulatory approval process
What this means for you, our local customer, is that international pest control innovations are constantly in the pipeline. From digital pest control solutions (myRentokil) to non-toxic solutions, innovation is at the core of our business.
Our team of pest control experts is made up of PhD qualified scientists with specialisms across zoology and entomology, regulatory and product development specialists. Collaborating with local technical experts and field technicians, they work tirelessly to refine pest identification, monitoring and control techniques to support diverse business sectors across the world.
2. Global affiliations and partnerships
In order to help our customers address emerging trends, meet new legislative requirements, solve complex pest challenges and protect their brands, we have partnered with global industry bodies and initiated joint efforts to harness technology and innovation, advance food safety and raise the quality of pest control through consumer programs, educational activities and standards adherence.
Some of the global affiliations we are proud to be a part of include:
- BRCGS: a brand and consumer protection organisation with certification issued through a global network of accredited certification bodies. BRCGS guarantee the standardisation of quality, safety and operational criteria that ensure manufacturers provide protection for the consumer. BRCGS and Rentokil Initial have formed a strategic partnership that sees both organisations focus their continued commitment to helping customers mitigate risk throughout the food industry. This partnership enables the ongoing collaboration and development of new initiatives aimed at supporting the goals of both organisations through the creation and adoption of new products, services, industry best practice and standards.
- Consumer Goods Forum (CGF) and The Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI):
Rentokil Initial have been members of the Consumer Goods Forum (CGF) since 2016 – a global industry network working to support ‘better lives through better business’. We are also active members of the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), powered by the CGF, which brings together key stakeholders from across the food industry to help drive continuous improvement in food safety management systems from around the world. The vision is to achieve ‘safe food for consumers everywhere’.
This means that you can rest-assured that Rentokil has the expertise to assist with you with global auditing standards and requirements, and has the industry knowledge to address emerging trends, and keep abreast of any new legislative requirements.
3. Shared best practice and adherence to the highest safety standards
There is nothing more important at Rentokil than ensuring that ‘Everyone Goes Home Safe’ at the end of their working day. This commitment to Health and Safety has been made publicly by our CEO Andy Ransom, and it is his expectation that rigorous compliance to health and safety standards form the cornerstone of every Rentokil Initial business across the world.
What this means you is that health and safety will always be our first priority, and one on which there can be absolutely no compromise. You’ll benefit from the fact that our technicians are equipped with the most up to date and effective personal protective equipment (PPE), respiratory protective equipment (RPE) and specialist disinfection equipment in the industry, and the chemicals and pesticides we use conform to the highest European legislation, as well as local legislation.
Rentokil customers can rest assured that any pest control service they receive from their local Rentokil technician has been rigorously tested to meet our stringent global safety standards and strict standard operating procedures.
With this in mind, contact us today to book a free pest risk assessment with one of our trained consultants. The quote is free, and you’ll be getting all the benefits of working with an international pest control company.